The Neurology Clinic provides consultation and treatment for conditions associated with the
brain and nervous system. In addition, we also offer acupuncture treatment targeted at pain and musculoskeletal conditions. Some of the most commonly treated conditions in our clinic include migraines and chronic pain syndrome.
- CT Scan Brain
- MRI Study
- MRI brain
- MRA, MRV brain
- MRI spine
- Carotid Vertebral Doppler ultrasound
- Transcranial Doppler ultrasound
- Electrodiagnostic Study (EDS)
- Nerve Conduction Study (NSC)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- The procedure is to monitor abnormal electrical activity of the patient’s brain. Its electrodes are placed on the scalp in order to receive and record graphic results. A neurological specialist translates and decides whether the results indicate good condition. The physician uses the EEG result together with medical history and physical examination of patients with brain abnormalities, loss of consciousness, brain death, and in particular convulsive disorder diagnosis to classify the type of convulsion and to assess appropriate treatment as considering cessation of anticonvulsant drugs.
- Lumbar Puncture
Illnesses and Conditions that may benefit from the Acupuncture
- Migraine Headache With 10 times treatment, the disease are likely to be wiped out approximately 60% and another 10% the headache violent is reduced by more than half. Powerful painkiller is not required anymore.
- Facial paralysis due to nerve damage (Bell’s palsy) The treatment should start as soon as possible within first 2-3 days after symptom occure is the best for the nearly 100% outcome. The recovery is faster, from 3 months to 3-4 weeks.
- Herpetic Neuralgia This condition should be treated within 4 weeks after the dermal symptoms. A patient gets treatment sooner, its curative effect is coming faster. Yet, delayed treatment doesn’t give the best result and it becomes a permanent pain.
- Numbness or Pain due to Diabetic Neuropathy Acupuncture with vitamin injections on acupuncture point offer the favorable result, whereas other treatments don’t give the expected effect.
- Numbness or Pain due to Nerve Root Compression Symptoms With the degenerative bone and disc, the acupuncture suppresses the symptoms. However, in case of muscle atrophy or weakness, the surgery is the first priority. Acupuncture after surgery should be done just after stitches out, the Nerve root is recovering faster.
- Paresis or Paralysis due to Ischemic or Hemorrhagic Strokes In case of ischemic stroke the treatment should be done during the acute stage as soon as possible few hours after the incident, there is a chance to get a curative effect. For the hemormagic stroke treatment, the symptom needs to be observed for 5-7 days after the symptom onset. The acupuncture has patients recovered or improved more than patients not receive the acupuncture. The recovery time of the nervous system is shorten significantly.
- Dysphagia and/or Dysarthria due to Brain Disease These mean difficult on swallowing and / or speaking. The acupuncture produces a spectacular result. If the brain stem is normal (required the medical check), patients may be cured by the acupuncture only 6 sessions of treatment, but in case of hoarseness, it indicates the damaged brain stem (often not effective or more difficult to treat).
- Spinal Cord Injury due to an accident. The acupuncture should be done in the first stage, it helps patients recover quicker. If the spinal cord is not completely damaged
- Dizziness and Loss of Balance In case of blood deficiency to the brain, Brain atrophy or Sensory Ataxia, (walking balance impaired due to neuropathy in Diabetes) the acupuncture is an effective alternative treatment. However, the dizziness due to the Auditory nerve damage, taking medicine is a better choice.
- Facial Nerve Pain due to Fifth or Ninth Cranial Nerves The acupuncture reduces the suffering and provides the better result from the medicine treatment. Usually after acupuncture treatment the patient can reduce drug usage, which also reduce drug side effect.
- Brain Disorders After an accident or brain surgery and dementia patients, the treatment should be performed in the first stage for the best chance the brain recovers quicker and faster than patients who don’t have the acupuncture.
- Occipital Neuralgia is responsive to the treatment effectively and the symptom disappears quickly.
- Sport injury Muscle and Ligament Pain caused by accidents or sports is healed quickly making patients recover from the injury better than usual.
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Fibromyagia Neck and upper back pain in office syndrome. The acupuncture produces a moderate effect because it is difficult syndrome to treat and needs several times treatment and may need a very special Acupuncture Technique, intracutaneous needle, to enhance the acupuncture effect.
- T.M. Joint Arthritis is responsive to the acupuncture excellently and this symptom disappear quickly.
- Flatulence, Nausea and Vomiting In particular, post operative patients, the acupuncture causes the alimentary canal adapted well and back to function faster.
- Nausea and Vomiting due to Chemical Treatment for Cancer Patients World Health Organization has certified the result from this method.
- Primary Dysmenorrhea is healed more effective than medicine. Only few patients don’t receive the result; usually they are a patient with diseases of the female internal organs. Vistiing obstetrician is required.
- Menopausal Syndrome The treatment is available for those who don’t want the hormonal therapy; the acupuncture is another alternative method.
- Patients sick during Pregnancy and Lactation As they need to avoid taking medicine, which may some undesirable effect to fetus and newborn baby the acupuncture heals many diseases. Consulting doctor is required.
- Morning Sickness during pregnancy The acupuncture is the safe and effective way certified by WHO.
- Knee osteoarthritis The acupuncture offers the great effect for osteoarthritis patients whose knee is not yet deformed many patient can avoid knee operation.
- Back pain, usually response well to acupuncture treatment; not only pain from muscle but also pain form degenerated intervertebrcel dise and spine
Service Hours : every day 7.00 am. – 5.00 pm.
3rd floor, Vichaiyut North Building
9th floor, Vichaiyut Medical Center